Wednesday, August 08, 2001

This and That...

I called the phone company the other day to get my new telephone service set up. They asked me for driving directions to my new place. I' ll be lucky if I can find my new apartment again (given that I've only visited this city twice), so giving someone else driving directions to get there is incredibly stressful. They're asking for landmarks and things and I'm like, "Uh, take a left, I think..." I'm not hopeful that I will have phone service when I move in. C'est la vie. Time to kick the internet habit anyway, right?

In other thoughts...

Blogging is incredibly self-centered. Those of us who do this, we're writing as if people actually care about what we're thinking/doing/saying/writing. At the same time, it's awfully easy to get addicted to blogs. For instance, check out Elizabeth Barr's blog (not to be confused with my wonderful beta, Liz Logan) for some interesting ramblings. BTW, Liz Barr was kind enough to answer my question about why people read blogs and she said it was because she wanted to feel a connection with a fanfic writer, get to know that person per se. She actually wrote a really nice email and gave me permission to post it here (which I will, once I have access to my email again). Vicarious living, I can buy that. After all, reading other people's blogs is about as close to the RL person as we possibly can get.



No comments: