Monday, August 13, 2001

A friend asked me yesterday what I planned to do once I get my degree. I told her I wasn't sure yet; one day at a time.

She looked at me and said, "You just bought yourself two more years, didn't you?"

Well, when you put it that way...

I had to 'fess. Two more years, I can put off making a real decision. It's kind of like when you're little and you keep saying, "When I grow up, I'm going to do such and such." I'm the same way - "When I grow up, I'm going to do such and such." I just keep putting off "such and such," mostly because I'm waiting for the grown-up me to finally show up. I thought when I graduated from college, I would know which way was up and after knocking around the real world for a few years, I'm not so sure. The only thing I know for sure is that getting this masters' degree will open up a whole new world of possibilities and opportunities.

Maybe in two years, the grown-up me will finally show up and know what's going on.

No comments: