Friday, August 31, 2001

Interesting article on women's tennis; not entirely positive, but has some good insights in it. Here's the official US Open site. Semifinals will probably be Capriati, V. Williams, S. Williams and Davenport, with either Capriati or V. Williams walking away with the title. . I really don't expect to see Hingis in this line-up as she struggled against Iva Majoli and given the fact that she hasn't won a slam since 1999 (still, she's ranked number one...). Not sure that I want her to necessarily prove me wrong. I don't think she will, but it would be nice to see Seles in the semis and just for fun, it'll be nice to see how Kim Clijsters performs on hardcourt. She's definitely giving some of the top seeds a run for the money and she's an entertaining and powerful player to watch. Anna Kournikova? Sorry guys. She's not playing this time around.

****

My typing is pretty much back to normal at this point... I'm still having problems with "w" oddly enough and also with "s" and "d" and "x". Looks like the splint is here to stay for a little while, which is rather discouraging as my handwriting has gone to pot at this point and it takes about an hour to write anything legible. Yeah, definitely think I'm going to have to go right handed for a while.

No comments: