Wednesday, January 31, 2001

Devotion is an acceptable form of obsession. That's my thought for today. One hundred percent completely original thought. Fancy that.

No, but really. I get hopelessly obsessed by things and I have this weird habit of having to learn everything about anything that remotely catches my interest. Right now it's the Alamo. I've been there four times in six months. Right. I'm frightened too.But see, if I just say that I'm devoted to learning about the Alamo, that makes it all right, doesn't it? Okay, don't answer that question.

I thought I'd make a list of things I'm obsessed by. It's amazingly long. We've got: Henry VIII, Jane Austen, Roman civilization, the Ring of Fire, the Romanovs, Star Trek, the movie Gladiator, the book "Up the Down Staircase," web design, musical theater, Richard III, Shakespeare, Sarah Brightman, ice-skating, tennis, writing, La Madeleine... I'll stop now. I think I need to find a hobby. Oh wait...

No comments: