Sunday, May 28, 2006

Link round-up

There are allegations that US marines massacred Iraqi civillians, including children in November. I can't believe I didn't know about this until today. I couldn't find a copy of the story that ran in today's newspaper, but it was horrifying and I can't believe our soldiers could possibly be involved in such a thing. I sincerely hope this isn't a true story.

In other potentially distressing and depression news, here's a story on ethics on Mt. Everest. What seems like conventional wisdom at sea-level isn't at 8,000 meters.

On the positive side, I also found a site for voluntourism -- basically you pay to go on a volunteer trip. It sounds pretty neat actually, and a few days in Provence, helping to restore medieval architecture sounds like fun.

No comments: