Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Nope, not the first

I'm always amused by articles about blogging these days -- about how blogging is changing the media, going after journalists, and what a radical departure and oh the power, the POWER of blogging. I always have such a She-Ra moment after reading about just how powerful bloggers are becoming, but I come quickly down to earth when I remember this blog's credo: there will be NO breaking news in this blog, no bringing down high ranking members of either media or administration because I only played a journalist at work, not at home.

Jessica sent me today's relevant link: Chill out, bloggers. The article in general is fun, but this line made me smile: The printing press gave Luther a way to distribute his thesis - an early version of blogging. Next thing, we had Protestants. Now that's power.

No comments: