Friday, January 07, 2005

Hmmm...

I'm sitting here debating about dinner. Not that there's much to debate -- either eat the 'boring' stuff in my fridge (which needs to be whipped together still, btw) or go out and make like cavewoman and hunt and forage, but of course, in 21st century style, namely in my car, with real clothes -- not bear skins -- on and shoes. The shoes are extremely important. You can't hunt or forage these days without shoes. Or a shirt for that matter. Pants, those are optional, apparently.

When I was driving home, I saw an SUV with a John Kerry sticker on it. It amazes me that I still see John Kerry stickers in this red city in this red state. If mine hadn't gotten stolen two days before the election, I would have ripped it off anyway come the concession; my loyalty, apparently, doesn't extend past defeat. But I admire the people who are still driving, proudly, with their John Kerry bumpersticker. It makes me want to go buy a third one (pay for the Ohio recount, hmmm, maybe?) just so I can say, "I'm one of you."

In other news, 30 percent of Americans gave tsunami aid and you go to the polls with the country you have.

No comments: