Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Who comes a knockin'?

I was going through my site stats today. Those of you who have go through stats regularly know just how scary this can be. There's the "Whee! People are visiting!" euphoria, quickly followed by the "Oh no! People are visiting!" panic attack. I've pretty much out-grown the latter and just hope no one leaves here with bleeding eyeballs. However, I do wonder where some people come from and how disappointed they must be when they end up here.

For some reason, Paris Hilton keeps showing up in my site stats. In fact, several Paris Hilton sites show up as referrers. If you're here for the Paris Hilton tape, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. Nothing to see here regarding Paris, unless you want my rant on how a completely spoiled, self-involved woman can suddenly become, well, someone worthy of attention, despite having done absolutely nothing; that's America for you, people!

On that same token, no nude celebrities here either. Honestly. The only images on this site are the book covers I've painstakingly made in Photoshop. No one in any of those pictures is nude and no, I'm not going to Photoshop heads to bodies thankyouverymuch. So, those of you looking for nude Paris Hilton? Again. Wrong place. (Though the question begs to be asked, why? Actually, don't answer that. This is a family blog).

Those of you coming here from Al Sharpton's website, I wish your man good luck in his campaign, if indeed he's still campaigning and actually, until all of you started coming here, I didn't know Al Sharpton was running for president. Sorry, sorry. I get a wee bit muddled with all the inexplicable John Kerry adoration. Speaking of the plastic man, those of you finding your way here from Kerry's campaign site, are not going to find much in the way of props for your man here either. I'm one of those "Anyone but Bush" people and I live in a state that's pretty much "Everyone for Bush," so don't expect any political activism here.

Those of you who came here look for content about Australia? Again, I must apologize. I have no idea how I got listed on an Oz site. I've never been to Australia, but I do know Miss Barr and ChristineCGB (links on the sidebar) and so if you want to know more about the land down under, I suggest you talk to one of them. I'll probably just feed you stereotypical stories about wombats and coral reefs and poisonous snakes. Or something.

However, if you are here from the No War site, you've come to the right place.

No comments: