Sunday, April 04, 2004

In which much money is spent

Today, V and I demonstrated our mastery of the capitalist system and excercised our right to go shopping as if all of the stores on the planet were going to be sucked into outerspace tomorrow. We basically hit a Very Large Mall With Many Outlet Stores and went to town. People, we had an action plan. How scary freaky is that?

The last time I went shopping, I came home with outfits in red, black and white. This time, my shopping involved pretty pastels, including pink and baby blue. I was getting all excited about the girly girl pink and I even was persuaded to try on a gentle yellow sweater, but ended up not getting that. My haul, for those of you who care about the nitty gritty details, was: one pair of low-rider khakis, one baby blue cable knit sweater, one baby blue stretch button down shirt, one pink sweater, two tank tops (one beige, the other red) and one pair of yoga pants (the new term for sweat pants). V's haul was much greater than mine and I was in awe.

We had so many bags at one point we were falling all over ourselves. Add V's large diet Coke and two handbags and we could barely keep things from falling out of our arms. Finally, we figured out the magic of organizing ourselves and putting bags inside of bags (V actually tossed one of hers out) and that made it a little less crazy.

All in all, a very good day. It's nice to have some color in my wardrobe, and we both agreed that we don't have to go visit the temple of capitalism again until the fall. Whew! To be honest, I really, really don't like shopping, but with good company and comfortable shoes, it can be bearable.

No comments: