Wednesday, February 06, 2002

Random Thoughts

While I'm waiting for someone to call re why oh why my database won't link up properly (and plus, I've got to leave in 7 minutes - why start something new? *eg*)


  • Stop reading my brother's blog. He is starting to really, really frighten me. Can't help it. I'm the indulgent older sister who honestly believes the sun sets and rises on this goofball. But that doesn't stop the fact that he scares me. Better not to look. On the positive side, he is taping Enterprise for me and behaves himself (mostly) on the rare occasions we're actually in the same room together.
  • Note that people who decide to reorganize entire companies should have to be the ones to consolidate databases. And not with a T1 line either, no, but with a 56k line (on a good day!). So there.
  • Watching other people type is the equivalent of hearing nails on the chalkboard for me. The Punctuation Princess in me springs to action and it's a lost cause - the typist is miserable, I'm miserable. I can't help it. No one should type in front of me.
  • I'm going to make a point of living somewhere that is *at least* one foot above sea level. This *at sea level* stuff is not a good thing. Not in January when there's a windchill of 31 degrees and the water is around your ankles (mostly - I got home, luckily, while we were still at 'sole' level).
  • I think my boss has been reorganized out of a job. I can't keep track of the comings and goings either. I'm think that I might make myself a 'going' very soon if things keep going in this vein. I'm waiting for clarification though on said mysterious email.

No comments: