Wednesday, July 18, 2001

Well, I got a new front passenger tire today. Thanks for your concern. Yeah, it's a bit hairy driving around with two nails in your tire. I don't know what I was thinking, especially when I took off on a road trip last Friday. Not to mention that it was a balmy 100 degrees at high noon when I left so changing a tire would have been less than fun, not that it's fun in any case. Thankfully, I didn't have a blow-out on 35 despite dire predictions and then today, I bought the new tire and had it mounted at Wal-Mart - which was surprisingly fast and relatively inexpensive. So consider this a good experience. Well, other than the fact that Wal-Mart serves coffee without sugar. Cruelty!

I wonder how many people blog. I mean, why do we blog and why the heck do we read other people's blogs? I don't know, frankly, why I'm referring to myself in the royal "we" (I'm channelling Queen Victoria again perhaps), but if you know the answer to this question, drop me a line at seemag1@yahoo.com

spam update: Folks, I got 34 spam messages yesterday. Thirty-four. Thirteen more and I would have had a full-blown Trek conspiracy on my hands. I do have to say, spammers amuse me and I'm seriously considering putting up a hall of shame for some of the worse spammers. Not that they would care, mind you, but at least we'd have a place to point and laugh at them.

No comments: