Saturday, February 28, 2004

I'll always have Paris

My site stats tell me that two sites whose main topic is Paris Hilton (gah, gah, gah) are somehow linking to me. Add dear Paris to John Kerry, Al Sharpton, and Howard Dean -- all individuals whose sites show up as referrers. Kerry and Dean, I can understand; I've linked to their sites in the past, and I've gone off on both in this here blog. But Al Sharpton? Paris Hilton?

Might as well feel the google love now. It used to be that Mary Kate and Ashley Oleson were top searches for this site because I once made fun of their magazine. And since I really don't want people who are looking for Paris Hilton to feel disappointed about the lack of Paris on this site, I hereby ask a profound question: why? This is a woman who does nothing but party and make, eh, X-rated movies (check your email -- I'm sure someone will be kind enough to tell you how to purchase your very own copy within minutes). And oh yes, she doesn't know what a Wal-Mart is. So, what's the deal? Why is she popular?

I apologize to Mary Kate and Ashley for making fun of their magazine. At least they've done something to earn their fame and fortune; as for Paris, other than shlepping and sleeping around, what gives? Hmmm?

No comments: