Monday, May 05, 2003

Wrong number... still

That guy who keeps calling my cell phone at odd hours of the day did it again this morning. At 7:30. I went to bed at 3 am (was up reading) and so you can guess, I wasn't happy. Especially since he had called at 8 on Saturday morning and again at 10:30. I called him back at 10:30 and said, "You keep calling me." And he says, "I know. Wrong number." But my question is, what's up with this guy that he keeps dialing my cell phone? And early in the morning too? jemima said he might be a stalker. Which I find very doubtful since a) we're not in the same city b) my cell phone is not a listed number and c) I think he's just incompetent. I just wish he wouldn't be incompetent early in the morning and on my cell phone.

On a positive note, I'm glad he woke me up because I had a headache. Usually my headaches come in the middle of the night so by the time I wake up, it's too late to do anything for them. But this time, I went ahead and took medication. So now I'm a bit wired because migraine medication does have caffeine in it. I do feel a bit dopey, but no head or nausea. So, I guess I should call Incompetent!Guy back and thank him for waking me up. Except, I'd really like to break him of the habit of calling me in the first place.

It's harder to get rid of textbooks than I thought it would be. When Lisa moved to Colorado last fall, she asked me to take care of some her textbooks for her. I sold a bunch on Amazon and then thought I'd donate the rest to the library or Halfprice Books. So I called both places today. No one wants 'em. One of them is a geography book. Fundamentals of geography don't change. I don't think there are huge changes in oceanography either. I plan to take a whole box of books to Rothers' today and sell them. I got a coupon in the mail offering me an additional $5 if I sell them back at Rother's. Yeah, I know it's probably still a scam, but a) I'm tired of having more textbooks than I know what to do with and b) Rother's has a free parking lot and the University bookstore makes you pay for it and c) I could use the cash.

I've also called the apartment complex to get the move-out checklist, have taken out another bag of garbage out, called to cancel cable service, found out if Goodwill will take the furniture if I can't find any takers here, and started making a box of the dishes/cookware that I'm not going to keep. All in all, a pretty decent day.

No comments: