Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I got my hood yesterday afternoon and sold more books. It didn't occur to me while I was at the bookstore that I needed a collar too. So after my presentation this morning, I'll go back and get the collar. The book selling is rather depressing. Yes, now I have cash, but man, the amount of money you get back compared to the money you spent in the first place... It's definitely a well-run racket. There is an on-campus organization that is taking books for Africa and there are a few books that I'll probably donate because I can't sell them and really, do I want a casebook on accounting financials forever and ever? Not particularly. Unfortunately, I couldn't unload any of my accounting books - I now have more accounting books than a non-accounting major should ever have; it's kind of like my collection of stats books (though I did unload two - one last summer, one this week - so it's more manageable). The thing with textbooks is that you don't want them, you're never really going to read them again unless you're going to graduate school, yet, it's so hard to accept $20 for a book you paid $120 for.

And now, to get ready for the presentation. I have no idea what we're doing other than showing up at the company at 8:50 am. Nothing like spontaneity in situations like this, yup.

No comments: