Monday, March 31, 2003

Nothing to see here, move along

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated here. I think I'm losing the urge to blog. Or at any rate, nothing has happened that I need to blog about. The computer situation is still sketchy and I'm counting down the days to May when I can turn the machine over to my brother and say, "Fix it!" I could do it now, but knowing me, I'd spend more time than ever putting it back together and I really don't have the time to do that right now.

Today I got rid of lots of paper, except my stats notes. I'm rather regretting I sold my big stats book last summer. I own several stats books (that's what will happen when you've had 16 hours worth of stats) and I thought it would be easy cash. But... it was the best book ever and I wish I kept it because...

I have an interview.

Yes, you heard me right. I have an interview. With the US Census Department. As a statistician and survey-designer. It's completely up my alley. I had lunch with my former co-worker on Saturday and he thought it sounded really dull but I see it as a great way to get into market research -- which is where I eventually want to end up. So cross your fingers, your toes, your legs - everything you can - for me. This is a really great opportunity for me and I'd love to have a shot at it.

No comments: