Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Grrrrr...

I'm spitting mad. I've never been this mad before. Some of you have heard me complain about Cheerleader Prof and just how crazily she runs her class. One of the weirdest things is that she only counts class participation on case days - which are approximately once a month. We had two cases due today. I read both and wrote up both. I wrote five pages of single-spaced text last night. I could have watched "Married By America," I could have studied for my HR test, but no, I was writing and preparing for today's class.

Anyway, our write-ups are 10 points, our participation in the cases are 15 - for a total of 25 points per case. Class starts at 9:30. I raised my hand at 9:40, for the first question. At 10:20, my arm was aching. Both people on either side of me - my teammates, incidentally - had been called on already, one of them twice. At 10:21, I put my arm down. At 10:35, I decided to give it another shot. I mean, 15 points for participation is nothing to sneeze at. It could be the difference between an A and B. I want an A, but I hate this class so much, I'm willing to take a B. Heck, I'd take a B today if I never had to go to class again.

How horrible that?

Anyway, I never did get called on. And so now, next to my name, I will not have any participation points. I plan to email her today or tomorrow, when I'm more calm, and tell her that I was prepared and willing to participate, but I never had the opportunity to do so. Am I making a big mistake? Am I shooting myself in the foot? Should I say nothing? I don't trust myself to have a face to face confrontation. I get angry so rarely that I get overly emotional when I do get angry and the last time I was angry at a prof, I had a complete meltdown. So I really don't trust myself to say anything to her.

If this was "Survivor," I'd be so willing to get voted off the island at this point.

No comments: