Sunday, January 13, 2002

Okay, I wasn't going to look, but I looked. Michelle Kwan got her sixth national title! Yeah, Michelle! This is definitely looking up - Tracy and I were talking about how concerned we were for MK as she had dumped FC as her coach earlier in the year and Irina Slutskya looked really, really good in a competition I saw last week. I haven't seen Sasha Cohen skate, but apparently she managed to out-skate Sarah Hughes - which is no easy feat. Poor Angela Nikodinov - she has some glorious, wonderful moments on the ice, but this wasn't her moment.

Anyway, I'm psyched. I'm still taping it though (yes, I'm obsessed) as I'm running a copyright violation ring while Nationals runs on ABC. You can find complete results here. Definitely will see if our activities association can't swing something to get us discounted tickets for next year's competition.

As for the copyright violation - it all about those copyrights from Stanford and Harvard - and the fact that you buy a photocopied pack of paper for $80 that you have to also buy a binder for and then you throw it out at the end of the semester because what the heck are you going to do with a bunch of paper? I got caught in this trap last semester - paid $75 for such a packet that I know I'm going to throw out since I need the binder for this new packet. At any rate, about 8 of us will split the cost to buy the original packet and then we will each photocopy it at our own cost. Much better than $80.

And oh yes - new addition to my blog buddies to your left. Meet Bjorn, a RL friend with some interesting thoughts.

Now off to figure out how else I can keep from spending lots and lots of money on books.

No comments: