Thursday, February 22, 2001

Dear Deja News,

Hi! How are you doing since Google bought you out? You doing okay? I worry, you know. Things have been tough - I got that. Yeah, I've been reading the Business section here every day and at one point, I thought of coming out and offering you a hand or two when things got really bad. Still, you should've told us that you were selling to Google. Not that Google isn't cool - they just aren't you. I mean, they don't have the funky 70's color scheme going; I miss that - there is something curiously bland about white. And then of course there's the lack of posting and updating - but I bet you've heard the complaints. So, enough on that.

I am appreciating you more and more by the minute as I struggle with the "free" newsgroup access provided by my ISP. Yeah, it's been a trip. Most of my posts disappear out into the ether. I don't know where they are and I'm certainly concerned about their welfare - apparently, there have been sightings here and there, most recently in Greece, of all places, but I haven't seen them. At least with you, I knew that my posts would get to their destination safely.

Anyway, you never quite appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I've come to the conclusion mailandnews.com, newsone.net, and news2web.com can never take your place. Thanks for the memories - it's been fun.

Sincerely,

seema




No comments: