Saturday, May 12, 2007

Surfacing

So I've been in and out of the blogosphere for the last few weeks and so I thought I owed just a tiny bit of an explanation. I was interviewing for a job and it was a pretty intense process and so a lot of my online time was spent preparing and researching for the interview and then taking an online test (3 hours!).

Once I accepted their offer, I decided to lie low during my background check. This blog is full of all sorts of things that people may or may not find offensive, so I decided to keep my fingers mostly silent or talk about things like salsa, which I'm pretty sure offends no one. I'm happy to report that I've gotten smarter since I first started blogging, but I just wanted to make sure I said nothing controversial here while people were actively looking into me.

Anyway, all is well, and I passed all of the interviews (10 in total), tests (2, including a drug test), and the background check. I gave my notice to my current company yesterday and I will be starting a new job next month. I'm really excited about the opportunity. Nervous too, of course, but excited, because I think I'll really have the chance to contribute to the new company, but also expand my own abilities.

No comments: