The blogging credo
Some of you already know this or figured it out already, but in a nutshell, this blog:
* is pretty much a summation of what I'm thinking and feeling the minute I sit down at the computer and open up the blogger screen. There's not a lot of forethought or drafting that goes into the entries. The blog is about me, it's an extension of my personality, and what you see here on the screen is every bit me. Unfiltered, uncensored, and not always as well thought out as it ought to be.
* is unapologetically liberal. That being said, you're not going to find a whole lot of rants again the Bush administration and now that Tom DeLay, my whipping boy of choice, has been retired to Virginia where hopefully he can do no further damage, there probably won't be a lot of anti-Republican stuff here (Sorry, fellow liberals -- there are others out there who do it way better than I do). Oh, except for Ann Coulter. She's fair game because she's just... out there.
* doesn't have theme. I occasionally post links to new stories I find interesting, but there's not really a rhyme or reason to what I post except for the fact that I found them interesting. I've got the attention span of a gnat so one day you might find fannish links here and the next day it might all be political news stories. Again, not looking for anything in specific -- just the bright and shiny.
* is PG-13. You won't find any bad language here, and I only put a PG-13 rating on it because I'm liberal and on rare occasions, I will voice my support for things like gay marriage (or civil unions) or abortion rights. I'm pretty sure I have other unacceptable opinions, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind that any discussion of could possibly ruin children for life. Parents be warned.
* does not discuss work. Yes, I'm that paranoid and you won't find any stories about my current place of employment in this blog. Past places of employment, namely Very Big Insurance Company and Very Big Publishing Company, on the other hand, are fair game. I will leave it at yes, I'm employed.
* All RL people mentioned in this blog know they're fodder for me and most honestly don't care. I asked one friend recently if she ever thought about that when we went out, that there was a good chance I could go home and blog our conversations. She said no. Me, if I knew I had a good chance of starring in a blog, I'd totally be scintillating and witty every single moment of the outing in hopes of a few minutes of pixelated online glory.
* Talk to me and I'll respond. Within reason. Death threats, spam, stupid comments -- I reserve the right not to respond to those.
* and yes, those pop culture entries are days when I really, really can't think of anything blog about. It happens. And yes number 2: I do 'can' entries for later use. Please forgive me. Sometimes I need a vacation from the interwebs. Scary, but true.