Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Give and take

I'm feeling very procrastinatory lately, and not much is getting done. No, let me correct that. A *lot* is getting done, but there are also a lot of things I'm letting slide. The laundry room, for instance, filled with laundry. I look at it every single day and think, "I should do something about that," and yet I don't. Somehow, clean clothes keep appearing, miraculously, and I put off the laundry for yet another day.

The dishes are the same way. They multiply like no one's business, both dirty and clean. I feel like every time I empty the sink, voila, there are more dishes. WHERE DID THEY COME FROM? My shoes are breeding too. I'm the rare woman who doesn't collect shoes, and yet, I have shoes everywhere. My closet also keeps giving -- I keep discovering clothes I didn't know I had, didn't know still fit, didn't know looked cute on me. It's amazing. I have the magical closet.

Life has been really busy lately. I haven't meant to neglect this blog, but that's way it goes sometimes. I've been working later hours than usual, have been traveling A LOT for both personal and work, and somehow, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. I did try going to bed an hour later yesterday -- around 11:15 -- but the morning hurt. Eight hours minimum of sleep is important -- I need close to 9 to feel human -- and so the dishes keep piling up, the laundry baskets are overflowing, but I am well-rested.

No comments: