Friday, May 11, 2001

According to Newsweek, driving while talking on a cell phone causes accidents at the same rate as driving while legally drunk. Wow. Now there's a statistic to take a closer look at. I can't even count the number of times I've nearly been side-whacked by a cell-phone talkin' SUV drivin' person. The most recent incident happened just this week. I was heading home and a car tried to merge into the same spot my car occupied. You see the problem? Thankfully, I wasn't driving too fast and he came to his senses and retreated to his lane - he then ran a red light and then merged in front of a truck just a few feet in back of him. Scary. And the whole time he was talking on his cell phone. You can argue this one with me, and maybe I'm simply incompetent, but I have yet to conquer driving and talking on the phone at the same time. In fact, I scare myself the few times I've attempted this feat; so I can only imagine the fear others must feel when they see me.

On a lighter note, this made me laugh: AT&T To Lay Off 120 percent of Workforce

No comments: