Friday, March 16, 2001

I'm really getting annoyed with radio people. This is not an understatement in any way. What put me over the edge yesterday was a silly poll where people called in and gave their opinion on whether Tom Cruise gay. For crying out loud, who the heck cares? What do differences does it make in anyone's life that they feel the burning desire to weigh in with this opinion? Then today, the poll was: which celeb would you most like to see nekkid? (Nekkid, for those not in the "know," is apparently how you say "naked" in these parts). The answer to this question gives me more information about people I don't know than I care to know. Intelligent radio. Is it a myth? Or do we, as listeners, get what we deserve? .

On a positive note, here's a fanfic rec for you: "Ashes to Ashes" by Yvonne Harrison. I adore this fanfic in so many ways I can't even begin to start listing them all. This is Tom-torture, incredible angst, and character growth as you've never seen before. Truly a tour de force, not something you see often in Trek, let alone VOY. Definitely a must read. Run, don't walk, over to Yvonne's site and take a look. You won't be sorry.

Ashes to Ashes by Yvonne Harrison (aka "Fanfic Chick")

On another note, if you're reading, drop me an email. I'm curious who reads these web journals anyway and I know mine aren't particularly exciting or entertaining. Plus, you'd make my email very happy:-)

No comments: